Follow by Email

Monday, March 21, 2011

These Are My Confessions

There are two confessions that I have for you all this week:

1.I gained 2lbs
2.It doesn't really bother me.

When you are writing a blog about weight loss these aren't really the things you highlight. But I promised myself at the beginning of this all that I wanted to become a more open person. Generally speaking, I am very closed. Even my best friends don't know a lot about me. I want to learn how to let out those things that I am thinking. I NEED to learn.

So when I stepped on the scale and looked down between my feet and it read 209.2 I just stood there for a moment to think...

I could have had several reactions to it.

I am putting in so much work into this and this is what I get? Why do I keep going when this isn't going to get me anywhere?
But instead I just stood there.

I turned around and looked in the mirror. I studied my body and my face. Instead of choosing to see all the things I don't like, I looked at where I am going. I don't see it everyday but my body IS changing. I have worked so hard. I have so much more energy and I actually look FORWARD to working out. That is something I never thought I would feel.

I am trying some new things trying to break this plateau and apparently they aren't working. But the most important thing that I know is that this isn't easy. I will have days and weeks like this for the rest of my life.

So to you and your own journey I wish you days of success and happiness. For those not so successful days I wish you contention with how far you've come and how far you will go.

Live Light, Travel Light, Be the Light.

Current weight: 209 lbs
Workout song: Goo Goo Dolls- Broadway

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is Tracey, and I feel you on this. I sent you message about how I was starting back up to lose weight. I am having trouble sticking to and forcing myself to follow through. I have the feeling that I just dont have the dedication right now. I'm even having dedication trouble in school. But I won't give up. I did it before and I know I can do it again.

    BTW: I have a blog as well it as entries about my weight but it mainly a diary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The changes have been ok. I hurt my knee and it kind of just set me back. I really need to find a second wind and get back in this. I need to find better changes I think!

    ReplyDelete