Follow by Email

Friday, February 4, 2011

You Must Do the Thing You Think You Cannot Do...

So I didn't actually think anyone would read my blog. About ten minutes after my first post I had some people email me and tell me how proud they were of me and that they would be there to support me. I have never been more motivated!!

Losing weight, like any challenge in life is facing a reality. I am fat and I got this way in a very unhealthy manner. It's so much easier to be fat and stay fat than it is to lose weight and stay healthy. But when you take out the excuses, what do you have left?

I have been doing something lately that I haven't done in a while.


I am looking at myself in the mirror.

I look at myself and I see all the pretty things about myself. I have really long eyelashes. My  lips are really full. I take time to really look at myself and all the things that I do like.

This isn't so that you become full of yourself, it's so that you learn to love yourself. Notice these things and EMBRACE them. Once you start to really love yourself you will want to take care of yourself. Do this for you, not to get a boyfriend or to get someone to like you, DO NOT DO THIS TO PLEASE PEOPLE. Because honestly, people who love themselves take care of themselves.

The hardest thing for me at the beginning was the dreaded walk of the treadmill. I thought I would look so fat. Everyone around me could run for so long and I, I could not even run for a minute. And on top of that minute was like a ten minute recuperating process. I was not just embarrassed, I was ashamed.

But one day I stepped on the treadmill and I realized what does it matter what they think?

They're working out, just like me. They're taking care of themselves, just like me. They are NOT here to see the fat girl try and run and I'm not at the gym for them. I'm there for me. As you grow stronger physically, you grow stronger emotionally. It doesn't seem that way at first and I have been in and out of the gym for years because of this very thing. But it gets better, it always gets better.

Realize, it's hard. It's going to be hard. But you have to push pass the hard. If you only walk 30, 20, even just 10 minutes it will make a difference.

To build up to running 2 miles:
Run 1 min and walk 2 miles 10 times (Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat)
Walk 30 minutes easy (Tue, Thurs)
Rest (Sun)

Just do this until you feel comfortable. It gets easier over time, TRUST ME.

You always have time to catch your breath.

Current weight: 211
Workout song of the day: Papa Roach- To Be Loved, Last Resort


3 comments:

  1. HA! Im the same way!...I would do the eliptical because i felt embarassed to run on the treadmill! You're right about loving one's self and realizing that you're making the changes for your own reasons and not to please others. I personally dont try too look at my self too much in the mirror because at some point i revert to body bashing instead of seeing the positive and beautiful things about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's the thing, if we don't make more of an effort to notice our positives we let negatives consume us. Which hits us as twice as hard!! It takes practice!! And if the elliptical works for you, great! Just don't limit yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girrrrrlllllliiiiieeeeeeeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete